- In this section, we will go ahead and install VMware
- Free Product Downloads3
- Workstation Player4
Note: I am on a windows machine, so I am going to download VM workstation for Windows. The current version is 15.5, your version might be higher depending on when you install yours.
- Go ahead and run the installation file:
*Accept the terms in the license agreement1 select Next2
- Select the option for the Enhanced keyboard driver1 (Note: This will require a reboot after installation complete)
- Select next2
It’s up to you if you want to check for updates on startup and join the Customer Experience improvement Program
I would like VMWare icon on my desktop and Start Menu for easy access.
- After the installation is complete, select Finish
- Select Yes to restart
- Congrats, you have created your hypervisor. This is the platform that you will use to create your virtual machines. you can open VMware by clicking on the desktop icon. In the next video we will download Kali Linux. If this is your first Virtual Machine, I hope you’re excited!