In this course, you will learn how to complete the System Security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process. This process is required in order to make your network FISMA compliant. We will do this by using the NIST Risk management Framework (RMF) for guidance. If you are not familiar with any of the terms i just mentioned, don’t worry, we will break it down in this course.
Think of FISMA compliance as the documentation side of Information Security (aka “Cyber-security Policy”). FISMA compliance is a requirement for all networks that hold federal government data. This course have helped many people get a firm understanding of FISMA Compliance requirement and NIST Special Publications. It has also helped many people secure a career in cyber-security.
Prior to starting this course, I recommend you first complete the COURSE: Fundamentals of IT and Cyber-Security Support
The Fundamental course will get you familiar with basic IT terms, help you to learn the interworking of an IT department and understand how cyber-security fits into the big picture of running a business.
In order to learn effectively, please follow these three steps for each video in this course:
- Step 1 – Watch the video for understanding (do not take notes)
- Step 2 – Watch the video and take notes (on a serious notebook, not a napkin 😉 )
- Step 3 – Complete the quiz after the video using only your notes (go back to the video to update your notes as necessary)
By following these steps, you will be able to conceptualize the topics rather than memorize them in your short-term memory. There might be times when you are tempted to skip a step, try and fight the urge.
Fair warning, the quizzes are designed to be thought provoking and is a reflection of how well you grasp the concepts presented in the videos. So you may need to do some google searches once in a while in order to answer some questions. Don’t get discouraged by this, my goal is to teach you from a true-to-life perspective. In the real world, as a security analyst, you will need to research the web for answers every now and then.
Are you ready? let’s get started!
- Lectures 36
- Quizzes 33
- Skill level All Beginner
- Language English
- Students 896
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
FISMA Compliance RMF STEP 1-3
- FISMA – Course intro
- FISMA – Into to FISMA Compliance
- FISMA – Intro to FISMA Compliance Quiz
- FISMA – RMF step 1: Security Categorization Part 1
- FISMA – Security Categorization Quiz 1
- FISMA – RMF step 1: Security Categorization Part 2
- FISMA – Security Categorization Quiz 2
- FISMA – Security Categorization Part 3
- FISMA – Security Categorization Quiz 3
- FISMA – System and Technical Description Part 1
- FISMA – System and Technical Description Quiz 1
- FISMA – System and Technical Description Part 2
- FISMA – System and Technical Description Quiz 2
- FISMA – RMF step 2 : Select Security Controls
- FISMA – Select Security Controls Quiz
- FISMA – RMF Step 3 – Implement Security Controls
- FISMA – Implement Security Control Quiz
- FISMA – Pep Talk and Intro to simulations
- FISMA – SSP Pep talk Quiz
- FISMA – Simulation: Editing the Cover Page
- FISMA – Cover Page Simulation Quiz
- FISMA – Simulations: Security Categorization
- FISMA – Security Categorization Simulation Quiz
- FISMA – Digital Identity Part 1
- FISMA – Digital Identity Quiz 1
- FISMA – Digital Identity Part 2
- FISMA – Digital Identity Quiz 2
- FISMA – Digital Identity Part 3
- FISMA – Digital Identity Quiz 3
- FISMA – Simulation: Digital Identity
- FISMA – Digital Identity Simulation Quiz
- FISMA – Simulation: POC
- FISMA – Simulation: General System Description and User Types
- FISMA POC to User Type Simulation Quiz
- FISMA – Simulation: Network Architecture, Environment and Inventory
- FISMA Architecture to Inventory Simulation Quiz
- FISMA – Simulation: System interconnection, Laws and regulations
- FISMA – Interconnection and Laws Simulation Quiz
- FISMA – Simulation: RMF step 2 – Selecting Controls
- FISMA – Selecting Controls Simulation Quiz
- FISMA – Simulation: RMF Step 3 – Implementing Security Controls Part 1
- FISMA – Implementing Security Controls Simulation Quiz 1
- FISMA – Simulation: Implementing Security Controls Part 2
- FISMA – Implementing Security Controls Simulation Quiz 2
FISMA Compliance RMF STEPS 4-5
- FISMA – RMF Step 4: Assessing Security Controls
- FISMA – Assessing Security Controls – Quiz 1
- FISMA – Security Assessment Report (SAR) Part 1
- FISMA – SAR Quiz 1
- FISMA – Security Assessment Report Part 2
- FISMA – SAR Quiz 2
- FISMA – RMF Step 5: Authorize the Information System
- FISMA – System Authorization Quiz
- FISMA – RMF Step 5 & 6 – System Authorization and Continuous Monitoring
- FISMA – RMF Steps 5 & 6 Quiz
- FISMA – Simulation – Introductions and Preparation for the Assessment
- FISMA – Preparation for the Assessment Quiz
- FISMA – Security Assessment Kick-Off Meeting Demo
- FISMA – Kick Off meeting Quiz
- FISMA – Simulation: Completing the SAR
- FISMA – SAR Simulation Quiz 1
- FISMA – Simulation – completing the SAR part 2
- FISMA – SAR Simulation Quiz 2
- FISMA – Simulation: POA&M Reports Review Part 1
- FISMA – POA&M Reports Review Simulation Quiz 1
- FISMA – Simulation: POA&M Reports Review Part 2
- FISMA – POA&M Reports Review Simulation Quiz 2
- FISMA – Simulation: Authorize System and Receive ATO
- System Authorization Quiz
- FISMA – ATO Completion – Pep Talk!
This FISMA compliance course teaches you the ins and outs of FISMA compliance and prepares you for a rewarding career. The videos include detailed instructions, and even provide supplemental sources of learning. If you're looking for a one stop shop for all things FISMA compliance-look no further. PJ courses offers a way you can invest in yourself and broaden your opportunities. I highly recommend this course to anyone looking to change careers or perfect their current role.
Definitely worth the investment of time and money
A great comprehensive introduction to FISMA compliance. The Course conveys a wealth of information in a very relaxed manner without being overwhelming. This course takes the proverbial "horse" to the water...Drink as much as you can! Kudos PJ Pros!
A very Positive Experience!
I wasn't sure what to expect when i learnt all the videos were just about 6 mins long. I wondered about the content and how much we can get out of it but I was wrong! Each video was designed to provide a wealth of information relevant to the job/career. My favorite things about these videos is that they cover all styles of learning: Visuals, Auditory, and Hands-On approach. You will never feel left behind. I highly recommend it! Kudos to the Author and Thank You!!
Informative course that can prepare you for a great career. Coursework videos break down practical on the job work while at the same time being entertaining. Highly Recommend!