Without a doubt, we’re living in an era of technology. While technological advancements have helped a great deal in making our lives easier and more efficient, it has also made us prone to certain risks which accentuate the importance of cybersecurity. What needs to be understood is that cybersecurity is not just a necessity for businesses and organizations, but it is equally important for individuals as well. Think about the confidential data that you have on your computer system that you would want to keep protected against theft or harm. The good news, however, is that there are various types of cyber security tools that are available in the market ensuring that you retain your peace of mind knowing that your devices are safe and secure against all sorts of thefts. Let us introduce you to a few of the popular cyber security solutions that you must have.
There is no argument over the fact that hacking has evolved to an extent that may render a firewall obsolete. However, it should be kept in mind that a firewall is and will always be the first line of defense if you are looking forward to protecting your devices against cybercriminals. The primary purpose of a firewall is to monitor the network traffic and decide which of the connections are trusted and which ones are to be blocked. While the sophisticated hackers are now capable of breaching over firewall security, it is, nonetheless, a valuable solution to protecting your devices against a range of less-evolved, mediocre cyber-attacks. For a comprehensive firewall solution, you may want to look into the products such as the Bit Defender Internet Security.
Pros Of Bit Defender Internet Security
- Effective against the widest range of network attacks including multilayered ransomware protection.
- Offers an enhanced autopilot and built-in VPN.
- You can customize the dashboard as per your requirements.
- Minimal effect on the overall performance of your computer system.
- Comes with a range of features for comprehensive cyber security including parental control, webcam security, file encryption etc.
- Faster performance and user-friendly interface.
For someone who is new to the computer security solutions, it is understandable to think of Firewall and an Antivirus to be identical solutions. However, there is a major difference between the two. In order to ensure that you are thoroughly protected against all sorts of cyber-attacks, you need to ensure that both a Firewall as well as an Antivirus solution is in place. A comprehensive antivirus solution ensures protection against a wide range of computer bugs, viruses, malware, etc. which pose a great threat to your computer system and the stored data. The popular antivirus solutions offer additional services as well such as monitoring the emails and ensuring that the attachments are not malicious in nature. For the most popular options in the league of Antivirus, you may want to look into the Norton Antivirus Basic 2018.
Pros Of Norton Antivirus Basic 2018:
- Stylish, professional looking interface.
- Lightweight for the operating system and the device itself with no identifiable effect on performance.
- Offers laser precision and accuracy in identifying and removing viruses.
- Backup option as well as online storage provided that you opt for the premium package.
- Bonus features like password protection, spam filtration etc.
- Convenient to use and offers multi-device plans.
Now here is another term that you might have thought is identical to antivirus or something that is included in the package. First of all, you need to know that anti-spyware is very different from anti-virus and while a few of the antivirus solutions may include it in the package, it is not always the case. Spyware is like a computer bug which is similar to a Trojan Horse. It is installed in your computer system while you were attempting to install some other software. Although spyware doesn’t replicate itself from a computer to computer, its primary purpose is to rest in stealth mode and collect information. It is capable of collecting as precise as the individual keystroke. Think about the major blow all of your online accounts will take if there is spyware on your system and you are accessing the accounts via putting in your passwords. Therefore, a good anti-spyware program is a necessity for your system for comprehensive protection against security threats. For a free anti-spyware solution for your system, you may want to look into Avast antispyware.
Pros Of Avast Antispyware:
- One of the most affordable options in the market.
- Easier to use.
- Firm protection against the newer and evolved spyware.
- Complete transparency when it comes to data collection.
Now that you are familiar with the popular cyber security solutions available in the market along with the best products in each league, you are in a much better position to protect your system against all sorts of computer threats and keep your data safe and secure. So, what are you waiting for? Opt for a complete solution from each category and ensure optimum protection of your devices and data now, and have the peace of mind that you’ve always craved for.